Erasmus+ aims to improve the quality of higher education and strengthen its European dimension. It does this by encouraging transnational cooperation between universities, fostering the European mobility of students and teachers, and contributing to improved transparency and academic recognition of qualifications and studies throughout the European Union.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Higher education institutions apply for the Erasmus+ Charter Higher Education (ECHE) to the European Commission. The awarding of an ECHE gives the institution the right to participate in activities supported by the Erasmus+ programme. Once an institution receives a Charter, it can apply for funding for activities such as Student Mobility and Curriculum Development projects.
To apply to Üsküdar University for Erasmus Exchange Program your university needs to have a current Bilateral Agreement with Üsküdar University and you need to be nominated to study at Üsküdar University.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You can study one semester or a full academic year at Üsküdar University as an Erasmus exchange student if you meet the below conditions:
- Being a student of an Erasmus Partner University, which has an Erasmus Student Exchange Agreement with Üsküdar University,
- If your university does not currently have an Erasmus exchange agreement Üsküdar University, please consult to your home university’s international relations office. Üsküdar University is open to signing new bilateral agreements to meet the demands of incoming students, who would like to study in Istanbul,
- Having completed at least two semesters at home institution if you are an undergraduate student, and at least one semester if you are a graduate student,
- Having B2 level of English,
- Being selected and nominated by the home institution,
- Signing an ECTS Learning Agreement between you, your home university and Üsküdar University.
HOW TO APPLY?
Application periods will be held twice in an academic year for both undergraduate and graduate students:
- Fall semester application deadline: July 1
- Spring semester application deadline: November1
Following documents are required for application to Üsküdar University:
After you nominated by your Home Institution, we will send you an email so that you can log in and start. You will see the required documents, when you finish your application.
- First, you need to complete application form.
- After you complete, you will see the documents required to come to Üsküdar University.
- Learning Agreement (Before Mobility)
- Official English Transcript (Taken by your Home University)
- Copy of your Passport ID page
- Passport Size Photo (Digital)
- When you complete the documents, we will send you the acceptance letter.
Please Note: You do not need to send the documents by mail/post, but you need to upload to the “Üsküdar University Erasmus+ Online System” as you will see/ find out after you login. Check your documents after you finish uploading them. If you come across with a problem in the system, you need to send the documents by email.
In Üsküdar University,
While you are coming to Üsküdar University,
- 3 Copies of Learning Agreement (Before Mobility and During Mobility)
- Official English Transcript (Taken by your Home University)
- Your Passport
- 2 Passport Size Photos
should be with you.
VISA & HEALTH INSURANCE & RESIDENCE PERMIT
Erasmus students should secure a Student Visa prior to their trip to Turkey from the nearest Turkish Embassy or Consulate in their country. Once in Turkey, a residence permit should be obtained by an application through the local authorities within one month of the student’s arrival.
Erasmus students without relevant visas are not eligible to enrol in a university in Turkey.
Student Visas are available only through Turkish Embassies or Consulates outside of the Republic of Turkey and must be obtained before the student plans to arrive. Incoming students are advised to apply for the visa at least two months prior to the date of departure.
For education visas, students are required to submit documents such as: a letter of acceptance given by the school in Turkey, original passport (valid for at least one year), a completed visa application form, recent passport-size pictures and a non-refundable processing fee for the Turkish Consulate.
We recommend to our Erasmus Students that it is better for you to make Health Insurance in Turkey in order to prevent any regulation complications.
All the students must apply for residence permit after they completed their registration to the university. The website to apply for residence permit: Republic of Turkey,Ministry of Interior Directorate General of Migration Management: https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/
- Residence Permit Application Form (must be signed by the foreigner and/or his/her legal representative)
- Passport or original and photocopy of passport substitute document (pages containing identity information and the page containing photo and processed pages)
- Four (4) pcs photos (must have been taken within the last 6 months, against a white background and biometric. Do not upload family, selfie, unrecognizable, non up-to-date or black and white photos into the system, otherwise residence permit document shall not be issued!)
- Declaration which states that financial capacity is to be provided sufficiently and regularly throughout the stay (Is declared in the Application Form. Directorate may request supporting documents.) (Basicly you can print this document and fill >>dilekce.pdf )
- Valid health insurance (Insurance period must cover the intended residence permit duration.
Important: The application has to be made within 30 days of a student’s arrival in Turkey. Otherwise, the student visa of the applicant will be invalidated. Please contact Erasmus Office for assistance within 30 days of your arrival.
After the application for a residence permit has been made, students are given a paper that indicates the time when the applicant must return to the Foreigners Department (APSD) to receive his/her residence permit card.
Please Note: If an applicant does not go to the Foreigners Department on the date indicated to pick up the residence permit, the permit will be kept at the Foreigners Department for only 30 days. After this period, the residence permit will be rendered invalid. If you do not take the residence permit card in time, Erasmus Office will not be able to assist you. Once a student visa is invalidated, the student is required to return to his/her country and apply for a new visa.
Accommodation can be arranged upon the request of the student. Please contact via e-mail for further information. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more detailed information on courses at specific departments you can contact the relevant Erasmus Departmental Coordinator, who will be your advisor during your exchange period at Üsküdar University, which you can find in the erasmus.uskudar.edu.tr.