Erasmus+ aims to improve the quality of higher education and strengthen its European dimension. It does this by encouraging transnational cooperation between universities, fostering the European mobility of students and teachers, and contributing to improved transparency and academic recognition of qualifications and studies throughout the European Union.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To apply to Üsküdar University for Erasmus Exchange Program your university needs to have a current Bilateral Agreement with Üsküdar University and you need to be officially nominated by Erasmus office at your home university to study at Üsküdar University.
You can study one semester or a full academic year at Üsküdar University as an Erasmus exchange student if you meet the below conditions:
- Being a student of an Erasmus Partner University, which has an Erasmus Student Exchange Agreement with Üsküdar University,
- If your university does not currently have an Erasmus exchange agreement Üsküdar University, please consult to your home university’s international relations office. Üsküdar University is open to signing new bilateral agreements to meet the demands of incoming students, who would like to study in Istanbul,
- Having completed at least two semesters at home institution if you are an undergraduate student, and at least one semester if you are a graduate student,
- Having B2 level of English,
- Being selected and nominated by the home institution,
- Signing an ECTS Learning Agreement between you, your home university and Üsküdar University.
HOW TO APPLY?
Application periods will be held twice in an academic year for both undergraduate and graduate students:
- Nomination&Application period for the Fall Semester/1 Academic Year period: 28 March 2022-15 August 2022
- Nomination&Application period for the Spring Semester: 28 March 2022-01 January 2023
Following documents are required to be uploaded during online application to Üsküdar University:
After you are nominated by your Home Institution, we will send you an email with instructions on how to start your online application.
- First, you need to register to the system. After clicking on 'Register & Apply' button at erasmusexchange.uskudar.edu.tr, please follow in order 'Erasmus+' > Student > Incoming
- After you complete the registration, you will follow the steps as instructed in the system. You are required to upload following documents:
- Learning Agreement (Before Mobility)
- Official English Transcript (Issued by your Home University)
- Scanned Copy of your Passport ID page
- Passport Size/Format Photo (Digital) (Upload to the relevant section)
If the documents are invalid or in need of change, we will announce through the system. Please check your documents' approval statue daily.
3. When you complete all the steps, your application will be evaluated by selection comitte and you shall receive the letter of admission within 4 to 6 weeks after submission date of your application.
Please Note: You do not need to send the documents by mail/post, but you need to upload to the “Üsküdar University Erasmus+ Online Application System”. Check your documents after you finish uploading. If you encounter with a problem in the system, you should send the scanned copies of your documents by email to email@example.com and we will upload them on behalf of you.
In Üsküdar University,
While you are coming to Üsküdar University, you should bring below documents with you.
- 1 Copy of your Learning Agreement (Before Mobility and During Mobility) (Signed by all three parties)
- Your Original Passport
- 5 Passport Size Photos (4x for residence permit application and 1x for student transportation card application). You can also visit one of the photography offices in İstanbul which would cost around 5 Euros for a 8x photos.
VISA & HEALTH INSURANCE & RESIDENCE PERMIT
Erasmus students should secure a Student Visa prior to their trip to Turkey from the nearest Turkish Embassy or Consulate in their country. Once in Turkey, a residence permit should be obtained by an application through the local authorities within one month of the student’s arrival.
Erasmus students without relevant visas are not eligible to enrol in a university in Turkey.
Student Visas are available only through Turkish Embassies or Consulates outside of the Republic of Turkey and must be obtained before the student plans to arrive. Incoming students are advised to apply for the visa at least two months prior to the date of departure.
For education visas, students are required to submit documents such as: a letter of acceptance given by the school in Turkey, original passport (valid for at least one year), a completed visa application form, recent passport-size pictures and a non-refundable processing fee for the Turkish Consulate.
You should purchase a Health Insurance in Turkey in order to prevent any regulation complications.
There is a high possibility that the immigration office reject the health insurance policy you already purchased elsewhere even though it is clearly stated as a ‘world wide policy’ with full treatments and conditions.According to the current regulations the policy must be issued by a company which has office in Turkey and the policy should state 'this health insurance is issued in accordance with the regulations announced by law act 10.5.2016 tarih ve 16/2016 published in Republic of Turkey. Generally, the cost of this health insurance policy varies between 40,00 to 100,00 Euros.
- (Some countries – Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands and Austria – have mutual agreements with Turkey. Students from these countries do not need to get health insurance here. However, they have to provide an official letter from their home country`s insurance services and get it approved at the Social Security Office in Turkey
- Others are required to get a health insurance. This would cost between 40,00-100,00 Euros.
All the students must apply for residence permit after they completed their registration to the university. The website to apply for residence permit: Republic of Turkey,Ministry of Interior Directorate General of Migration Management: https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/
- Residence Permit Application Form (must be signed by the foreigner and/or his/her legal representative)
- Passport or original and photocopy of passport substitute document (pages containing identity information and the page containing photo and processed pages)- entry date to Turkey.
- Four (4) pcs photos (must have been taken within the last 6 months, on a white background and biometric. Do not upload family, selfie, unrecognizable, non up-to-date or black and white photos into the system, otherwise residence permit document shall not be issued!)
- Declaration which states that financial capacity is to be provided sufficiently and regularly throughout the stay (Is declared in the Application Form. Directorate may request supporting documents.) (Basicly you can print this document and fill >>dilekce.pdf )
- Valid health insurance policy (Insurance period must cover the intended residence permit duration)
Important: The application has to be submitted within 30 days of a student’s arrival in Turkey. Otherwise, the student visa of the applicant will be invalidated. Please contact Erasmus Office for assistance within 30 days of your arrival.
After the application for a residence permit has been submitted, the card will be posted to the university address or to the residential address that you mentioned during the application. If your accommodation is not certain, or there is a chance that it will change, please enter Uskudar University address.
Accommodation can be arranged upon the request of the student. Please contact via e-mail for further information. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
USKUDAR UNIVERSITY 2022- 2023 ACADEMIC YEAR ENGLISH COURSES:
Please click here to find out about the grading system of Uskudar University.
You can reach our available course lists for undergraduate and graduate students here.
Course Taking Restrictions: Students can choose from the different departments as long as they choose a minimum of %50 of their total ECTS from the department they are registered to. Choosing from too many departments and the same semesters may cause a time clash and you might need to change your courses. There will be an add/drop week so that you can re-schedule your academic planning.
Semester Load: 30 ECTS
For more detailed information on courses at specific departments, you can contact the relevant Erasmus Departmental Coordinator, who will be your advisor during your exchange period at Üsküdar University.
ESTIMATED LIVING COST (on a monthly basis) :
Private accommodation: Between € 200,00-400,00
Food: € 100,00-200,00
Transportation: € 20,00-40,00 (Student Travel Card for İstanbul City is 50,00 TRY (Approx. 5 Euros) per month
Miscellaneous/ Entertainment: € 60,00-150,00
Total: € 400,00-800,00 (per Month)